We are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary next week! Instead of spending money on a getaway (we went to Charleston in July), we decided to update our Master Bedroom. Really the only things we are happy with right now is our mid century desk and chair. But now we have a rug! And I am overly excited about it!
I just have to share a quick photo of us 10 years ago. Such babies! And we were. We met when I was 20 studying Industrial Design at Georgia Tech, Lee was 25 getting his Masters in Industrial Design at SCAD. Two years later wedding bells rang and we moved to Kentucky where we designed kitchen appliances.
Anyway, somehow getting the rug feels symbolic of progress in our bedroom design. We've lived in our North Carolina house for over a year and our room felt like an uninspired dorm room.
- Purchase a rug (define texture/style of room)--Done! Found this guy at the West Elm Outlet
- Buy Paint (thinking Benjamin Moore Rockport Gray)
- Replace mini blinds with curtains
- Find nightstands at the thrift store
- Find a bench for the end of the bed (or DIY?)
- Add a vintage map over the desk
- Replace queen bed with a king
Any advice? I have also heard there is a Pottery Barn outlet not too far from Charlotte. I may need to check that out next!