Chair rails have been under discussion for months at our house (SERIOUSLY!!). We purchased a home in 2014 that a few rooms of chair rail with no molding underneath. It just did not feel finished. Should we add shiplap? Picture frames along the bottom? Pinterest has been a great source of inspiration (as always), and when I spotted the painted chair rail trend: I was all in.
Honestly? I am a lazy DIYer. If the project looks better than before and doesn't require a lot of extra effort I will give it a try! And so far we give the new look two thumbs up.
Scroll down for 5 sources of moody, painted, chair rail goodness.
1. Erin Williamson Design South Austin Tudor
2. CB2 Firefly Pendant Light
3. The Makerista Dining Room
4. Desire to Inspire Simplicity and Refinement
5. Emily A. Clark Morning Essentials
What do you think of this trend? Would you paint the chair rails in your home?